I was delighted to learn that I was chosen to receive a beautiful blogger award by Margarita Tartakovsky on her blog Weightless. I LOOOVE Weightless! I did a Q&A on emotional eating for it and also featured Margarita as a Radical Woman on Radical Hateloss.
To claim my reward I have to share with you:
- 7 things about myself that you might not know
- Award 7 bloggers the beautiful blogger award
On to 7 things you might not know about me….
1. I am a mother to three- ages 4, 11 & 19. I am the adopted mother of the older two since 2001 when they came from Liberia.
2. My favorite movie of all time is Whale Rider.
3. I’ve been with my husband (who’s also from Liberia) since April 1999 and married to him since November of 2003.
4. I met Barack Obama during the primaries at a local supermarket. I and my youngest daughter got our picture taken with him; it was run in the local paper 4 times.
5. I am a breastfeeding advocate, I committed to child led weaning with my daughter. She exclusively breastfed for her first year and finally weaned at 3yrs old (she hung onto the before bed session for a year). My first steps to a primal lifestyle (I just didn’t know it.)
6. I have three tattoos; a fairy on my shoulder, a butterfly on my foot and my FAVORTIE my Buddha on my ankle with the words: LIVE, LOVE, LAUGH, LEARN & LET GO!
7. What I’m known for: talking, connecting with others, speaking my mind, being the life of the party, resourcefulness & compassion.
Now to announce the blogger’s I am awarding the beautiful blogger award too….
Congratulations ladies….in my book you ROCK! Your blogs are honest and inspiring, making a difference in the lives of women. Keep on being radical!